Walmart and the DC Large Retailer Accountability Act
Residents of DC will soon know the decision by Mayor Vincent Gray on the Large Retailer Accountability Act, known as the living wage bill, and plans by Walmart to develop six stores in underserved retail areas of DC.
Planned Locations of DC Walmart Stores:
- Georgia and Missouri Avenue
- Fort Totten Square
- 1st and H Street | Gonzaga
- Skyland Town Center | Alabama Avenue and Good Hope
- Capital Gateway | East Capitol and 58th Streets
- New York Avenue and Bladensburg Road
Construction has begun on the Georgia and Missouri Avenue and Fort Totten Square stores with projected opening dates previously scheduled for the end of 2013.
Wage Bill Affecting Walmart Goes to D.C. Mayor, NBC4 Washington, Mila Mimica, August 30, 2013
New Walmart Opens in D.C.’s Suburbs, NBC4 Washington, Tom Sherwood, August 14, 2013
Walmart and the Mayoral Field Give D.C. the Bait-and-Switch, Huffington Post, Sam Jewler, August 6, 2013